Devolution, Administration and Public Service Management
A leading agency in devolution, administration and coordination of County government services
To offer policy direction to all departments and agencies, towards strengthening devolution, and to promote effective coordination and delivery of County government functions for enhancement of socio economic and political development of Uasin Gishu County.
The department identifies two strategic objectives:
- To entrench good governance;
- To provide effective and efficient services.
General Administration Support Services
To enhance effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery
Increased effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery
Public Service Management
- Human Resource
The Human Resource Section is one of the Sections headed by the County Human Resources Manager and is charged with the responsibility of managing Human resource, records and general administrative duties. The Section has three sub sections namely;
- Payroll Section
- General Registry
- Human Resource Registry
The registry is the heart of any organization as far as records are concerned. Information is power for any decision making within an organization. The registry holds all records of the former Eldoret Municipal Council, former Wareng county council & county government. The registry holds both administration files and property files (Plot/land). The registry functions/mandates include the following;
- Preservation and conservation of information materials.
- Dissemination and retrieval of information.
- Circulation of information to action officers/administrators.
- Controlling of county records.
- Appraisal and disposal of information materials.
- Advising the management on general records management practices
The communication section under the department of public service management is mandated to handle all forms of corporate communication within the county government. The section has with it several sub sections which include Branding and Events, Customer Care and the Media section who ensures there is proper coverage of the County’s function.
- Construction of Sub-County Headquarters
- Kapseret, and
- Construction of Ward Offices
The success of any institution is measured by the level of competence of its personnel. To ensure quality service delivery, the county has enhanced employee’s skills by ensuring quality training and induction of new staff. In the last four and half years, the County Government have built a very responsive public service. This is despite the challenges faced in integrating the workers from the former local authorities, the national government and newly recruited staff.
- Coordinated the drafting and publication of 31 pieces of legislations in all the sectors
- Developed and implemented a county human resource management manual
- Trained 12 integrity officers to sensitize staff on the ills of corruption and the benefits of a corruption-free county
- Trained a staff on senior management courses
- Trained several staff on ICT skills
- Equipped staff with necessary tools and skills
- Implemented performance management system
- Partnered with both local and international institutions to train technical staff
- Improved security of county records
- Constructed 3 sub county headquarters
|THE CHIEF OFFICER
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT,
P.O.Box 40-30100, Eldoret,Kenya,
Tel; 020-2329037 / +254-053-2016330 / +254-053-2032603 / +254-053-2062208,