Information and Communication Technology, Trade and Industralization
A Prosperous and Attractive County in Kenya and Beyond.
To serve and improve people’s livelihoods through good leadership, innovative technology and efficient infrastructure.
The mandate of this department is to develop policy on automation of County functions. The key priority areas include cashless revenue collection, online human resource management, and supporting infrastructure as well as designing and developing a GIS framework to guide E-development in agriculture, roads, urban planning, and other sectors;
The section is responsible for designing, programming, analyzing and coding in-house applications and data structures in accordance with and user needs and programming standards.
This section is responsible for County GIS and Satellite technology activities and tasks related to geo-information data management in all the Departments in the County
The section is responsible for coordination of ICT training in the county geared towards capacity building.
The section is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure as per organizational policies, standards and procedures to meet the needs of staff and other stakeholders.
The section is responsible for designing, establishing, managing, securing, monitoring and evaluating all aspects of ICT-network infrastructure that include network equipment, servers, wireless networks and network related software in the county.
|UG-ICT Policy||1.16 mb||180||27-07-2017||Download Preview|
|Uasin Gishu County ICT Road Map||1.69 mb||182||27-07-2017||Download Preview|
|Final UG ICT Stanadards_and Guidelines Version 1||1.21 mb||130||15-11-2017||Download Preview|
|Final ICT Procedures Manual Version 1||393.58 kb||113||15-11-2017||Download Preview|
- Established four ICT centres with free internet access and other ICT services in four sub counties under the Digital Mashinani programme
- Installed CCTV within the County Headquarters in critical county government offices and hospitals for security surveillance
- Enhanced information sharing between the public and the government through development of county information portal, use of social media and installation of outdoor information screen
- Empowered 500 youth from across the county through the Youth Empowerment Programme on access to online jobs
- Installed Structured cabling at County Headquarters and fifteen other county offices and hospitals
- Automated job applications, revenue, agriculture services and hospital management
|County Goverment of Uasin Gishu,
P.O.Box 40-30100, Eldoret,Kenya,