Our mandate is to implement, formulate, coordinate and administer activities in respect to Trade, Industrialization, Tourism, Wildlife and Cooperative Development sectors at the County Level.
A Prosperous and Attractive County in Kenya and Beyond.
To serve and improve people’s livelihoods through good leadership, innovative technology and efficient infrastructure.
The department is committed to providing equitable, affordable and quality health care through appropriate policies and programmes, it has a total of 117 health services.
The Constitution bestows upon the people the right to live in a healthy environment, to maintain a healthy lifestyle, to receive quality medical care, and to attain the highest possible standard of physical and mental health. A healthy population is vital to our county’s competitiveness and productivity. Investment in the provision of quality health services is critical for our economic development. The County Government is committed to further strengthening of the healthcare systems in the County.
- Upgraded four health facilities in sub counties to Level 4 hospital status.
- Developed 26 new dispensaries across the County
- Rehabilitated and equipped 18 health centres
- Acquired 13 new ambulances
- Established and equipped the Huruma Eye Hospital to address the increasing demand for specialized ophthalmic services
- Employed over 400 health workers of various cadres
- Increased access to skilled deliveries from 45% before devolution to 65% in 2017
- Facilitated the installation of 5 dialysis machines at Ziwa Sub County Hospital
- Implemented Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) in Level 4 and 3, which has enhanced efficiency in service delivery and streamlined management of drugs and other medical commodities.
- Increased the rate of immunization coverage in the county from as low as 60% in 2013 to the current 87% in 2017
- Constructed, equipped and staffed 47 Medical laboratories
|THE CHIEF OFFICER Department of Health Services, P.O.Box 40-30100, Eldoret,Kenya, Tel; TEL: 020-2329037 +254-053-2016330 +254-053-2032603 +254-053-2062208, Email: email@example.com||[advanced_iframe securitykey=”80537bbdb83983135b91d5bdcd454cdfd64682f8″ src=”https://www.uasingishu.go.ke/icp/?submitFeedback&iframe=true” width=”100%” height=”600″]|