A Prosperous and Attractive County in Kenya and Beyond.
To serve and improve people’s livelihoods through good leadership, innovative technology and efficient infrastructure.
The department is committed to providing equitable, affordable and quality health care through appropriate policies and programmes, it has a total of 117 health services.
|NO||PROJECT NAME||AMOUNT (KSHS.)||PAID / EXPENDITURE (KSHS.)||STATUS|
|1||Ziwa Level V Hospital||210,000,000.00||NIL||Project awarded|
|Site handed over to contractor|
|2||Kesses Sub County Model Hospital||60,000,000.00||NIL||PHASE 1 complete|
|Drawings / BQs for Mortuary, Incinerator, Modern Kitchen and Laundry in process at the Department of Public Works.|
|Other Drawings and BQs are ready.|
|Project to be advertised in the week beginning 3rd February 2020.|
|3||Moiben Sub County Hospital||40, 000, 000.00 (transferred to Ziwa project)||NIL||Awaiting court verdict before advertisement is done|
|4||Construction of Reference Laboratory, Huruma Sub County Hospital||19,999,000.00||5, 262, 920.00||Structure works done upto roofing|
|Plumbing works ongoing|
|Payment Certificate raised and paid|
|Level 90% Complete|
|5||70 Bed West Maternity Hospital||43,381,946.00||7, 409, 345.00 (payment in process)||Superstructure complete to roofing level|
|Window fitting done|
|Level 75% complete|
|6||40 Bed Kapteldon Maternity Hospital||21,000,000.00||7, 627, 210.00||Ring beam constructed|
|Roofing works complete|
|Level 80% complete|
|7||Completion of Cheptiret Dispensary||5,000,000.00||NIL||Retendering in process|
|Level 15% complete|
|8||Completion of Gitwe Dispensary||5,000,000.00||NIL||Project awarded|
|Level 15% complete|
|9||Completion of Kamalel Dispensary||11,000,000.00||5, 420, 295.00||Burning chamber done|
|Placenta pit provided|
|Plumbing works done|
|Project handed over on 3rd February 2020|
|Handing over certificate to be signed|
|10||Renovation of Theatre (Turbo Sub-county Hospital)||3, 000, 000.00||2, 063, 913.00||Renovation complete at the Theatre.|
|Temporary roofing above the Theatre ongoing.|
|Level 95% complete|
|11||Ward health facilities||84,100,000.00||NIL||74 ward health facilities allocated|
|Both extension and completion of ongoing projects|
|The Department is looking for ways of fast-tracking commencement of the projects due to challenges of the development of BQs by Public Works Department, and approval of Project budgets submitted by the facilities.|
The Constitution bestows upon the people the right to live in a healthy environment, to maintain a healthy lifestyle, to receive quality medical care, and to attain the highest possible standard of physical and mental health. A healthy population is vital to our county’s competitiveness and productivity. Investment in the provision of quality health services is critical for our economic development. The County Government is committed to further strengthening of the healthcare systems in the County.
- Upgraded four health facilities in sub counties to Level 4 hospital status.
- Developed 26 new dispensaries across the County
- Rehabilitated and equipped 18 health centres
- Acquired 13 new ambulances
- Established and equipped the Huruma Eye Hospital to address the increasing demand for specialized ophthalmic services
- Employed over 400 health workers of various cadres
- Increased access to skilled deliveries from 45% before devolution to 65% in 2017
- Facilitated the installation of 5 dialysis machines at Ziwa Sub County Hospital
- Implemented Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) in Level 4 and 3, which has enhanced efficiency in service delivery and streamlined management of drugs and other medical commodities.
- Increased the rate of immunization coverage in the county from as low as 60% in 2013 to the current 87% in 2017
- Constructed, equipped and staffed 47 Medical laboratories
|THE CHIEF OFFICER Department of Health Services, P.O.Box 40-30100, Eldoret,Kenya, Tel; TEL: 020-2329037 +254-053-2016330 +254-053-2032603 +254-053-2062208, Email: email@example.com|