Water, Environment, Natural Resources, Tourism and Wildlife Management
A Prosperous and Attractive County in Kenya and Beyond.
To serve and improve people’s livelihoods through good leadership, innovative technology and efficient infrastructure.
To increase access to clean and safe water
Environmental management and protection
To protect and conserve the environment
Natural resource management
To sustainably manage and conserve forests
To increase access to electricity and promote the use of green energy.
- Water and Sanitation Master Plans developed.
- 81 borehole drilled.
- Elgarini Water project constructed.
- 15 water pans desilted.
- 225 community water projects developed and/or rehabilitated.
- Purchase of 125 skip containers and 6 refuse trucks for garbage collection.
- Distribution of 700,000 tree seedling to public schools.
- Installed security lights in the following peri-urban centres
- Moi’s Bridge
- Burnt Forest
- Beautification of Nandi Park.
- Acquired a 20 acre dumpsite at Lorwa.
Chief Officer Department of Environment, Energy, Water & Natural Resources,