The department further develops projects and recurrent activities in the county through transparent and accountable procurement and financial management systems.
In compliance with the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the Public Finance Management Act (PFM) 2012, the County observes responsibility principles in the management of public funds and following policies which are necessary to run the Government i.e.
- County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP), 2013.
- Budget Estimates for the financial years 2013/14 and 2014/15.
- Finance Bill for 2014 and 2015.
- County Budget Review and Outlook Paper (CBROP), 2014.
- County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP) 2014 and 2015.
In addition, the department has developed the following policies to address specific needs of financial management: Asset Financing Policy 2014, Project Implementation Management Committees Act 2014 and its Regulations and County Assembly Car & Mortgage Scheme Policy 2014.